Rikkyo University presents the Short-Term Intensive Japanese Program in Niiza Campus. This Program starts on July 3 and ends on July 23, 2018. Participants need to arrive and check in at the accommodation on July 2, and check out on July 24, 2018.
The entire program comprises 45 hours of classroom instruction on Japanese language plus 25 hours of lectures on Japanese culture and society, including field trips. In this program, “Beginner” and “Elementary” level classes will be held. The program capacity is limited. Upon completing the program, participants will be given a certificate of completion and an official transcript.
The cost of the program, including tuition, room, board (breakfast on weekdays) and the fees for all program activities, is approximately 300,000 yen.
The program cost does not include transportation costs (to and within Japan), or any other miscellaneous living expenses for the duration of the program.
* Since only limited number of rooms can be available in each type, Rikkyo University may not be able to accommodate everyone’s requests.
* Participants will stay in the University accommodation located at Niiza campus or a hotel near Niiza campus.
* Rikkyo University will join the insurance that covers the following: Injury & sickness death 3 million yen, injury physical impediment 3 million yen, treatment of disease & physical illness rejection 3 million yen, rescuer’s expenses 3 million yen, personal liability insurance compensation authorized 100 million yen, which includes incidental settlement negotiation services.
However it is each participant’s own responsibility to arrange her/his own insurance policy to cover all necessary costs as our insurance does not cover a chronic disease.
The following students can apply for this program.
1. The students who are enrolled at Rikkyo University's partner universities.
2. The students at universities that are now negotiating with Rikkyo for partner universities.
3. The students who were introduced to the program by the teaching staff of Rikkyo University.
Interested applicants must submit the following five documents to the Center for Japanese Language Education (CJLE) through the Internet (on-line) application. Besides, the letter of recommendation must be submitted by post before the deadline of March 20, 2018. The admissions will be confirmed after March 26, 2018. The program fee payment must be submitted by April 10, 2018.
1. Application form including signature by applicant (PDF)
2. Application form not including signature by applicant (XLSX)
3. Copy of passport (PDF)
4. Face photograph for student ID (JPEG or PNG)
5. Latest official university transcript issued by the home university(the document must be in English) (PDF)
6. Letter of recommendation in sealed envelopes issued by an academic advisor or supervising professor at the home university
You need to post the letter of recommendation to:
Center for Japanese Language Education (CJLE), Rikkyo University
3-34-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-8501, Japan